So, you want to track your blood pressure at home. Checking BP regularly is a necessary step toward managing blood pressure. Physicians recommend patients diagnosed with high blood pressure (hypertension) monitor their BP daily at home. It helps them understand their patterns. Also, your healthcare provider will know whether the treatment is working for you.
The best two ways to take blood pressure readings at home are using either a blood pressure watch or a hypertension monitor. Both of these devices are convenient to use. Also, they show accurate readings. But, in case, you are wondering whether you should get a blood pressure tracking watch or hypertension monitor, you are just in the right place. Hopefully, this discussion will help you make the right decision.
Before diving deep, let’s know how to get an accurate reading.
Best Practices for Accurate BP Readings
- Relax your body and mind for five minutes before measuring your blood pressure
- Go into a warm and comfortable room and check your BP
- Sit calmly and keep your feet flat on the floor
- Make sure that you place the blood pressure measuring device on bare skin
- Avoid talking while tracking BP
- Take the reading about half an hour after smoking cigarettes, caffeine, or exercise
Blood Pressure Watch for Accurate Readings
From measuring BP to checking blood oxygen levels, a blood pressure watch can be used in various ways. It allows users to obtain accurate data regarding their health, from BP reading to heart rate checking. It’s a popular choice for people who are fitness freaks. Because it also helps in tracking calories, steps, and distance.
What to Expect
- Accurate data regarding blood pressure
- 100% control over your health
- Heart rate and blood oxygen level checking for reduced heart attack risk
- Easy to carry and waterproof
- Long battery life
Hypertension Monitor for Blood Pressure Management
No, you don’t have to visit a doctor’s office or any clinic in order to measure your BP. All you need is a premium quality blood pressure monitor, designed for home use. Hypertension monitors measure the vibration of blood flowing through your arteries. Consider wearing it on bare skin to have accurate readings.
What to Expect
- Different types are available, including arm monitor, aneroid monitor, digital monitor, and wrist monitor.
- Wrist monitors are likely to be the least accurate
- They have user-friendly features
Blood Pressure Watch Vs. Hypertension Monitor – Which Is Right for You?
If it is only about checking blood pressure, then both a blood pressure watch and a hypertension monitor can be the perfect choice for patients. However, some people find blood pressure tracking watches more suitable. The reasons why they think so are given below:
- Blood pressure watches are more convenient to carry than hypertension monitors
- Unlike the monitors, the watches come with many advanced features like heart rate tracking, fitness tracking, phone call, message notifications, etc.
- Blood pressure tracking watches come in a wide range of models and are more stylish than the monitors
With this, you might have already understood which one is the right option for you. Now that you have made a decision, conduct thorough research and choose a reliable brand. Make sure you get accurate results from the gadget or device you select.
Check out MedWatch's Blood Pressure Watch by clicking here: MedWatch