Food to eat when dealing with high blood pressure
Usually, blood pressure is the pressure of the blood pushing against the wall of your arteries. These arteries carry blood from your heart to other parts of your body. Your BP rises and falls every day, as it is on work of carrying blood. But, a high BP can lead to severe risks and deadly consequences. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than half of Americans are at risk of high blood pressure. They suffer from hypertension, which means their systolic BP is more significant than 130mmHg, and diastolic BP is higher than 80mmHg. A few are already on the medication for stabilizing their blood pressure levels.
However, many preventive measures can help control high blood pressure levels. One of them is taking care of your nutrition and diet. You must only have those foods that regulate your cholesterol level and keeps your elevated blood pressure levels under control. It is essential to keep your salt, herbs and spices, and oil and oily products under control, especially when you are above 40 or facing this issue.
Foods to Eat
Diet has the most significant effect on blood pressure levels, and if kept in check, you can always live a healthy life. Even your heart rate will always be under control. Let’s check out a few foods that are best in this condition.
- Fruits: They are the best source of regulating your blood pressure levels, but if you have citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, and grapefruits, your BP will remain under control. To lower or maintain your blood pressure, you can also eat papaya, bananas, strawberries, apple, etc.
- Fat-Free Yogurt: People suffering from high BP problems must take fat-free or low-fat dairy products to cover their calcium intake. Low-fat yogurt intake gives your body the recommended amount of calcium, 30%. You can top it up with granola, fruits, blueberries, etc.
- Pumpkin Seeds: These are a punch of nutrition for BP patients. They are a source of magnesium, nutrients, amino acids, and arginine. It works as a blood pressure reduction source. Its oil is also said to be a powerful remedy.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Along with fruits, green vegetables like spinach, kale, beet greens, Swiss Chad, and lettuce are an excellent source of potassium. You can eat the greens in sandwiches, smoothies, and omelets.
- Chia and Flax Seeds: These are best for blood pressure regulation, loaded with magnesium, fiber, and potassium. It helps regulate the BP in both medicated and unmedicated people, and when consumed at their whole seeded levels, supplies the body with essential nutrition.
- Garlic: It is good for health and reduces blood pressure levels. Most experts state that there is limited research on the consumption of garlic, but people find it relatively healthy. One can eat it in the form of garlic spread baked and made in olive oil.
These are a few nutritious foods that one can take daily or once a week to experience their health effects on their blood pressure levels. People who are already experiencing elevated blood pressure levels can buy a Med Watch product like Blood Pressure Watch Pro that helps you detect your calories burned to maintain a healthy lifestyle.